Starting during the school year of 2015-2016, we will be holding a monthly social gathering for homeschoolers participating in BookIt!
This will be a monthly get together, (hopefully held at PizzaHut to use the gift certificate each child has earned) to celebrate their achievement of reading the previous month.
- All ages are welcome.
- Each child will be given an opportunity to give a brief overview of a book they read that month. This will provide inspiration for others, as well as an opportunity to speak publicly.
- Here is a link to an example Book Review Form, which can help prep the child to give a quick speech.
- Want to award your child for time spent reading? Here is a 20 Minute Reading Log.
- For kids that are going to set a goal each month of reading multiple books, here’s a Book by Book Reading Log.
- Prepare for new friends to be made!
- BookIt runs from October 1st through March 31st each year.
More info will be provided at the October Friday classes, or on our group’s facebook page.